1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Flotsam: David Weisner

Discussion in 'Primary' started by *Elaine*, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Has anyone used this in class before? I have chosen to use this book as my focus for World Book Week.
    I have got some ideas of what to do: sequencing pictures from book and retelling story in their own words before it has been shared, writing narrative descriptions of pictures, writing diary entry of boy, designing their own underwater civilisation, comparing to finding Nemo, ocean research.
    Has anyone else used this book and got examples of ideas that worked well in your class?
    xx

2. Has anyone used this in class before? I have chosen to use this book as my focus for World Book Week.
    I have got some ideas of what to do: sequencing pictures from book and retelling story in their own words before it has been shared, writing narrative descriptions of pictures, writing diary entry of boy, designing their own underwater civilisation, comparing to finding Nemo, ocean research.
    Has anyone else used this book and got examples of ideas that worked well in your class?
    xx