1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

flipback books

Discussion in 'Book club' started by impis, Aug 26, 2011.

1. impis

impis New commenter

Has anyone seen one of these yet? It claims to take up less space, but that isn't logical to me. If the text is the same size, then it must take up the same space, regardless of orientation. Should't it?
    http://www.flipbackbooks.com/

2. impis

impis New commenter

Has anyone seen one of these yet? It claims to take up less space, but that isn't logical to me. If the text is the same size, then it must take up the same space, regardless of orientation. Should't it?
    http://www.flipbackbooks.com/

3. Is it because of margins?
    Do they get more text on because when you write usual way you have to have more blank lines because when you are finishing a paragraph you may have one word on the next line but with these books you might get that last word on the line before?
    These are my random thoughts until some more useful TESers come along.

4. impis

impis New commenter

yeah - hadn't thought of that. There would be fewer line break spaces, wouldnt there. Unless, of course, the landscape size was the equivilent of a normal book's portrait width.

5. You said it better than I did :)

6. are the pages thinner and the text smaller? novels published in the past were much smaller than modern books.

7. They are roughly the size of a pack of cards, I saw some in London, I saw one of My sister's keeper and it's a lot thinner than the normal book, but I'm not surehow they have managed it. The one I saw though was more expensive than buying the normalbook so I would probably wait until they are cheaper