1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Flexible route Supply in Scotland

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by Secluna, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Secluna

Secluna New commenter

My situation seems to be quite unique and I haven't found anyone else (yet!) in my position but I'm ever hopeful. I qualified to teach History in '97 in Wales and returned to Scotland. Five children later I've just gained provisional registration last June and was told that I would need to gain full registration through the flexible route by working supply for 270 days. However I am a probationer teacher which means as you know I need extra support especially as it is almost 20years since I qualified so as well as finding my own supply I also need to ask for mentor support! You'll not be surprised to hear I have come up against a wall of silence from my council and I am realistically looking at accepting any supply work I can get from very desperate schools who don't mind having a very inexperienced new teacher cover a class or two!
    I feel like I could do with any advice as to what to do to make myself more employable? There must be some Scottish supply teachers out there who can point me in the right direction?
    Any advice gratefully received :)

2. Wotton

Wotton Lead commenter

May be best to post this on the Scotland forum if you have not already done so.

3. lulu57

lulu57 Lead commenter

Don't think you're being ignored, it's just that your situation is quite unique...I'm certainly scratching my head trying to think of any suggestions!