1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Flea Advice

Discussion in 'Personal' started by cosmos, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Seadream

Seadream New commenter

I would just say that "it's a bit delicate to bring this up as I've only just moved in but I think that I may have been bitten" and that you used to have a pet cat (even if that's a lie) and think that it may be by some unwanted friends of the cat as it was like this before. See how they respond.

2. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Tricky, because your landlord might not want to deflea the cat and the whole house?
    First, be certain that they are fleabites in the first place. Then tell the landlord you have been bitten by what seem to be fleas. See what s/he decides to do about it. The ideal situation of course would be for her/him to apologise unreservedly and then get the whole house and carpets treated. If it s/he doesn't seem to be bothered by it, then you will need to move I guess.
    If you do need to move, get legal advice on recovering rent/deposit from landlord and be careful not to carry fleas to your new place. Even by visiting someone you can infect their house and carpets. [​IMG]

Definitely don't imply you might have bought fleas with you to this place, by the way, as suggested by other poster. The landlord could expect you to pay for treating the whole house!

3. inq

inq