1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Flavoured vodkas!

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by RJR_38, Jan 7, 2011.

1. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

I'm very excited as this weekend I am going to spend lots of it cooking, restocking freezer and filling my new preserving jars and bottles.
    As part of me trying new things I have decided to make raspberry vodka which should be ready just in time for the summer. I am also toying with the idea of toffee vodka but not sure if I can justify spending that much money on vodka in January lol! Anyone have any good successes with flavoured vodkas and want to share?

2. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Sloe vodka. Like sloe gin but with voddie.

3. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

It sounds disgusting, but my friend makes Jellybaby Vodka. If I recall, It takes about 12 months to mature, and involves some filtering, but she swears it is delicious. I will ask for the recipe if anyone is curious.

4. rosievoice

<u>Jellybaby vodka</u>
    I got the timescale wrong, it is an instant vodka! Here goes-
    Buy a cheap vodka, remove a little, and stuff the bottle <u>full</u> of jellybabies. Don't use the black ones as they turn it a funny colour.
    Replace the cap and put the bottle in the dishwasher. Put it through a wash cycle with the dirty dishes. (Shame to waste the hot water on an empty wash...) If you don't have a dishy, you can gently warm it in a pan.
    Hey presto, a bottle of jellybaby vodka!
    If the vodka gets too cold it will go gloopy. If that happens, simply warm it up again.

Good luck! I don't drink alcohol, but am curious to know if this is as good as my friend states. She refused to "waste it" on me.... If someone makes it can they let me know, please?

5. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

My only concern with the jelly baby one is that you have to drink it warm and vodka is best served chilled...

6. rosievoice

I think it probably stopped being recognisable as vodka by the time it reaches the rinse cycle......