1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Flat Stanley exchange from Devon primary school anyone?

Discussion in 'Scotland - Primary' started by beershop, Jul 18, 2011.

1. beershop

beershop New commenter

Hi
    I am planning on using Flat Stanley throughout my Big Writing after the October half term (I know, planning ahead but these things take ages to get sorted sometimes!) and would love to find a class to swap Flat Stanleys with.
    The idea is that every child in each class makes a Flat Stanley (or a Flat Friend version of themself) and then we post all the Stanleys to each other. Every child then writes a diary entry or letter saying what the Stanley they have received has been up to. Then we post the Stanleys back.
    My class will be a year 2 class of 24 children in inner-city Plymouth, Devon. A small school in a relatively small city surrounded by the countryside!
    Please let me know if you would be interested in doing this with me.
    Thanks!
    Sara

2. Hi Sara
    I'm potentially interested. We are a class of 23 (mostly year 2 + a few years 1's) we are a small school in the middle of nowhere in Oxon.
    Kate

3. Sorry Sara just replied then noticed you wanted to link up with a Scottish school. Still interested if you don't get any joy from further north [​IMG]

4. beershop

beershop New commenter

Hi, it doesn't need to be Scotland at all! We'd love to link up with you. My class is diminishing with leavers but should gain a few more kiddies by Sept! 23 or so is perfect.
    We would be starting to plan and write about our Stanleys after half term, so would aim to post by the end of November. Would that suit you, then you could do them over the last few weeks of term and post them at before Christmas hols?
    If this suits, please email your name, class name/number, school name and address and a phone number maybe to my email at hennups@yahoo.co.uk and we'll talk more next term!
    Thanks!
    Sara

5. Hi Sara,

I don't know if I'm too late as you already have a school interested but I wasn't sure if you were looking for more than one school, but I'd be interested in taking part in this. I'm just outside Perth, in Scotland and will teach a P3 class next year (equivalent to Year 2 I think). There will be 24/25 in the class. Let me know if you still need a school to work with.

L

6. I too have a P3 class next year and am planning on using Flat Stanley in the first term. I would be interested in swapping with anyone!? My school is in Edinburgh. Let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks

7. beershop

beershop New commenter

Hi Rachy8 and Pinkfish
    Thanks for getting in touch. I have a couple of other people interested but I would love to be able to link up with more than 1 school. Or we could set up a group of the 5 or 6 of us and send some Stanleys to different places amongst us. Be lovely to get a variety of places.
    We will be ready to post after half term (couple weeks after half term). My email is hennups@yahoo.co.uk if you want to get in touch.
    Thanks again
    Sara

8. beershop

beershop New commenter