1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Flat screen/ touch screen T&L ideas

Discussion in 'Science' started by luke130390, Jun 22, 2015.

1. I am moving to a new science department in September and they have receently invested in a large flat screen touch screen. I wondered if anyone had experience using these and if so if so how you think they enhanced learning and teaching in your classroom?

LEl

2. wanet

wanet Star commenter

Generally don't but look good and we have the latest tech.

3. Educake

Educake New commenter

From what we've heard from teachers, these touch screens don't yet have the accuracy of traditional (projected) interactive whiteboards, which can be frustrating for both teachers and students.

It might be that the newer models are better, but it sounds like you need to try them first.

4. Educake

Educake New commenter

One thing they are really good for is 3D models. This company (http://the3dclassroom.com/int/) was opposite Educake at the ASE show this year, and seeing things like the circulatory system in 3D is really impressive.

There are a few other companies offering this kind of thing too, I think, so it would probably worth a search around.