1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Flash Resources

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by spiderq, Aug 4, 2011.

1. I'm just writing some new resources for the OCR Unit 20 course as we have upgraded
    the software and thought others might find them useful. These are
    aimed at students going for Distinction really for them to work on if/when they have completed class exercises- this helps me go
    round and help students who are struggling with the basics.
    All the ActionScript code has been found on the web , not written by me but I have tested it all works and (hopefully) presented it in a way that students can follow. The main request I get is to show them how to add a replay button or make music play/stop, hopefully some students will then be able to adpat the code and use it in their own Flash animations.
    I will add more later- you can find these by searching for Flash Resources .

2. I'm just writing some new resources for the OCR Unit 20 course as we have upgraded
    the software and thought others might find them useful. These are
    aimed at students going for Distinction really for them to work on if/when they have completed class exercises- this helps me go
    round and help students who are struggling with the basics.
    All the ActionScript code has been found on the web , not written by me but I have tested it all works and (hopefully) presented it in a way that students can follow. The main request I get is to show them how to add a replay button or make music play/stop, hopefully some students will then be able to adpat the code and use it in their own Flash animations.
    I will add more later- you can find these by searching for Flash Resources .

3. spiderq,
    What type of school do you teach at?
    I'm not having a go or anything but Actionscript would be complete overkill at our place where the kids still get Distinctions.
    Are yours very bright/motivated/at a selective school etc?

4. wilkinss

wilkinss New commenter

We will be starting this unit at Christmas so any resources would be great to have a look at instead of reinventing the wheel. Unfortunately I could not find the resources? Please could you add a link or upload them to the resources section?
    Many thanks

5. Hello NJB- its an "outstanding" CofE school. I already use the basic ImageFade with all the class and last year quite a few students wanted to have a replay button which I showed them in simple AS2. We will be upgraded to Flash CS5 in September so I though I would add some simple extension exercises using AS3 which the more able will be able to follow. I realise its not needed for Distinction but it shows that I've added "stretch and challenge", and I know that some will find it interesting. I'm also hoping to get a few more converts to our A Level Computing course where we program in Java.
    Here is the link to the resource: https://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/Flash-Resources-6107386/

6. Good on you.