1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Flamenco

Discussion in 'Music' started by taffymatty, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Flamenco

Anyone got any bits and bobs for teaching flamenco music? The SoW I have got given is boring, I need a lift, any help?

Thanks in advance

taffymatty@hotmail.com

2. Flamenco

Anyone got any bits and bobs for teaching flamenco music? The SoW I have got given is boring, I need a lift, any help?

Thanks in advance

taffymatty@hotmail.com

3. I have some stuff which I used for a one off lesson I taught on Flamenco. I'll email it to you tomorrow. It's basically an introduction using the film Volver with Penelope Cruz. We then discuss it and talk through the main elements: clapping, guitar, singing. I then get them clapping their own rhythms, I can't remember if it's 12 or 16 beats.. There are 2 different types of clap which I try to get them to replicate. THere's a bit more but I can't remember and don't have my files on me. Hope it helps!

4. i wrote a unit on flamenco as part of my degree. am really busy at the moment but when do you need it? my email is mulah@hotmail.co.uk it included a song, keyboard piece and improvising / listening tasks.

5. Hi
    I have recently started a Spanish lunch club and I would love some ideas for teaching music and dance.
    I would be really interested in seeing your info regarding flamenco if that would be ok? My email address is trish.kay.hanna@googlemail.com.
    Thanks so much in advance.
    Trish

6. jubilada

jubilada New commenter

I would love to have a copy too if that is OK - it sounds great
    jubilada2007@live.co.uk
    Thanks in anticipation.