1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Fixed term contract and maternity leave

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by Al78, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Hi - Wondering if anyone can give me some advice.
    I am currently working part time (job share) on a fixed term contract which expires 31st August 2012. It has been renewed for another year so my contract now will expire 31st August 2013.
    Does anyone know if my contract was not renewed beyond August 31st 2013, would I be entitled to SMP or Occupational Pay if I were to get pregnant and have a delivery date early September 2013?
    During my previous pregnancy, it was straight forward as I was working full-time on a permanent contract at a different school. I have looked on my union website and read their guidance but I just can't get to grips with what my maternity entitlements would be now that my contract is different.
    Any help greatly appreciated
    Thanks a lot

2. Hi - Wondering if anyone can give me some advice.
    I am currently working part time (job share) on a fixed term contract which expires 31st August 2012. It has been renewed for another year so my contract now will expire 31st August 2013.
    Does anyone know if my contract was not renewed beyond August 31st 2013, would I be entitled to SMP or Occupational Pay if I were to get pregnant and have a delivery date early September 2013?
    During my previous pregnancy, it was straight forward as I was working full-time on a permanent contract at a different school. I have looked on my union website and read their guidance but I just can't get to grips with what my maternity entitlements would be now that my contract is different.
    Any help greatly appreciated
    Thanks a lot