1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

First year as a year 6 teacher...any advice out there?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by nsm202, Jul 29, 2011.

1. It's my first year as the year 6 teacher this year and I am slightly panicking about my first term.
    As we're in Kent I have the Grammar and Kent tests very early in the term and I'm unsure if I should be concentrating on any kind of revision of anything in my first term? Or shall I just start on the topics as normal?
    The previous year 6 teacher left without having a chance to pass on any advice or planning so I'm starting from scratch....any advice would be incredibly appreciated...even if it just helps my blood pressure!
    A slightly panicked (and not relaxed even if watching day time TV) Nikki x

2. It's my first year as the year 6 teacher this year and I am slightly panicking about my first term.
    As we're in Kent I have the Grammar and Kent tests very early in the term and I'm unsure if I should be concentrating on any kind of revision of anything in my first term? Or shall I just start on the topics as normal?
    The previous year 6 teacher left without having a chance to pass on any advice or planning so I'm starting from scratch....any advice would be incredibly appreciated...even if it just helps my blood pressure!
    A slightly panicked (and not relaxed even if watching day time TV) Nikki x

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

4. Thank you so much.