1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

First Words

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Dimebar, Sep 6, 2011.

1. What were your kids first words? GG's was gain - as her dad flung her round and upside down - she is a bit of a tomboy.

2. lucchese

lucchese New commenter

My son's first word in English was 'ball'. Ball was first accompanied by his hand pretending to bounce a ball for quite a few weeks, hilarious!

3. We have had 'dog' constantly for about 6 weeks now, so we'd really like her to learn something else! Absolutely everything is 'dog' and we can waste hours of the day having conversations that go 'dog, sock, dog, sock, dog, sock etc' trying to persuade her that whatever object we have isn't a dog! I had an amusing supermarket trip to today where I had to keep saying 'not it's not a daog, it's a lady/man/boy/girl' as she pointed and shouted dog at everyone. In typical teacher fashion we did buy her a cuddly toy dog which she now carries everywhere so we can point at it when she says dog!

4. I am a bit embarrassed to admit this but LO's first properly discernable word is LauLau (from Waybuloo). We also have no, accompanied by a very definite head shake and, since starting nursery full time last week, yeah and hi and bye!

5. Well my lo must be a bit food obsessed because her first word was "booby", followed closely by "nana" and "yoghurt". Amongst her other early words were baby, ball, no, and finally mummy. She's now saying quite a lot of words but her favourite is still booby lol.

6. kittenmittens

kittenmittens New commenter

Awww so cute! \She definitely loves Waybuloo then. We have dadadadada yaya wawawa aguhhh etc but no mama or proper words... can't wait though!

7. OUr daughter is called Emilia - and recently she has taken to saying mi mi - have finally worked out she means Emilia.... so cute.

8. lucchese

lucchese New commenter

My LO says mi mi all the time, but he is referring to the Pontipines lol

9. My LO says his name too, it's so cute. He hands me my phone and says his own name which means he wants me to put one of my videos of him on!

10. My son's first word was dirty! Ironically since then he is cleaning obsessed, and takes great pride in trying to keep his room tidy!