1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

First week done..

Discussion in 'Personal' started by josienig, Sep 1, 2017.

1. josienig

josienig Lead commenter

..and it's been fine.
    We're all so excited that the new timetable means we finish at 1.30 on Friday that we haven't been too bothered about other issues that are caused by same new timetable :D

We'll cry about those next week o_O

2. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

First day back today for me (inset); compliments on the weight loss (20+ lbs over the summer :)) and a substantial raise :):)* !!!!!!!!

* independent school, great GCSE results and now in charge of a school-wide enrichment programme that I saw a lack of and suggested last year; about to launch in a few days and the few parents mentioned to are delighted, which is even better!

3. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter

josienig likes this.
  4. red_observer

red_observer Star commenter

Will let you know next Friday...:)

5. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

b2ff825da50fb704e1df6d3ac709b010.jpg

Well! Someone has a big head. And a small body. ;););)

Deservedly so.

Well done on your achievements @sabrinakat
    (Don't go over to the dark side and go all "management" on us just yet though!)

6. kearl1

kearl1 New commenter

We finished early on a Friday last year and it was the most wonderful thing. the fact the rest of the timetable was rubbish really didn't matter because you could at least look forward to that.

now I have a full Friday which starts with me teaching (very) outside of my subject and finishes with year 11 followed by bottom set year 7. can't wait. :rolleyes:

install and josienig like this.
  7. grumpydogwoman

Commiserations @kearl1

YR7. Bottom set. Not fun.

install likes this.
  8. EmanuelShadrack

EmanuelShadrack Star commenter

If you only knew the power of the Dark Side. [Add evil laughs as necessary.]

9. grumpydogwoman

I do! I am a victim of the Dark Side!

install likes this.
  10. secretteacher2357

secretteacher2357 Occasional commenter

I used to love bottom sets. The opportunity to do some really cool, inventive stuff with these kids. And year 7 is lovely!

Yeah, I am weird :D

mathsmutt and install like this.
  11. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Bottom set Year 7 last thing on a Friday last lesson, is imprinted on my brain. And not in a good way.

install likes this.
  12. peakster

peakster Star commenter

I've spent most of the last three years teaching bottom/lower sets. I am much better at controlling classes and building relationships than the other person in my department who teaches my subject so in the interests of riot control I have to have most of those groups.

install likes this.
  13. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Infinitely better than bottom set year 9 or year 10 though!

I have half of my week's free periods on a Friday. So a tough week, but an excellent end!
    We start back on Monday.

sabrinakat likes this.
  14. install

install Star commenter

Wow....wow....wow.....:D:D:D

15. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Not always the worst.

mathsmutt likes this.
  16. SundaeTrifle

SundaeTrifle Occasional commenter

Back tomorrow, start with two inset days and staggered arrival (students not me) on Wednesday. I'll cope.

17. peakster

peakster Star commenter

I'm starting to pack stuff at home ready to take in tomorrow.

18. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Lead commenter

Two inset days to start with (only half a day in classroom, glad mine is more or less done). Kids back Wednesday. Today feels very odd; I woke up at 5.45 (school getting up time) and it wasn't quite light!!!!!

19. Flowersinspring

Flowersinspring Senior commenter

20. kearl1

kearl1 New commenter

Oh don't get me wrong I volunteered for this.... I just didn't realise it would be on a Friday afternoon!