1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

first walk with dog

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lapinrose, Feb 9, 2012.

1. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

The first time I've been out on my own with the dog since having the op. Not too bad at all in spite of still having blurry vision. Luckily she can run free for the first half then lead for the road bit. Feel proud of myself I do!!

2. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

The first time I've been out on my own with the dog since having the op. Not too bad at all in spite of still having blurry vision. Luckily she can run free for the first half then lead for the road bit. Feel proud of myself I do!!

3. moonpenny

moonpenny Occasional commenter

Really pleased to hear the recovery is going ok ,Lapin- bet your dog is too:)

4. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

It's going well thanks Moonpenny, still got slightly blurred vision but I see the surgeon again next week and hope he'll say I can drive again!! Freedom!! I've had many operations in the past but never realised how much a5 hour head op would affect me, fatigue, tiredness plus the headaches and blurred vision as a result of the fluid being drained off. Still I got kicked out of the hospital 4 days post-op so I must be OK!!
    Hope you're well, be lovely to see you both again one day.
    Tansy is just as mad and loopy as ever, still how else would a dog belonging to us be?

5. moonpenny

moonpenny Occasional commenter

An operation like that is bound to take some time to get over but fingers crossed it will be worth it once everything settles down again x

6. I'm sorry I didn't know you had been in and had the op done already.
    You have had major surgery, Lapin, no wonder you are feeling the way you do.
    Take it easy and don't overdo things.
    I am sure the lovely Tansy is doing a good job of keeping your spirits up. xx

7. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

The TN pain has gone, it's almost unbelievable, after 10 1/2 months of agony, it's all gone!!

8. I am sure you are really relieved the op worked :)

9. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Great to hear you are free of the awful pain. Best wishes for your continued recovery.[​IMG]