1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

First timer for the EYFS

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by taitai, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Hi All,
    I am teaching 2.5 yr to 3.5 yr olds and it's the first time following the EYFS for me. I have been teaching for 4 years but under a different curriculum in USA (also EYs). I am a bit nervous about the EYFS since I have read about it and it seems so complicated to follow! And with lots of paperwork, learning profile, journals, etc. Can you PLEASE help where I can start off with?
    1. What do you recommend I should start first?
    2. Will it be difficult for me to pick it up as a first timer?
    3. Do you recommend I should do a short course on different aspects of the EYFS? I am trained in EYs but not in UK.
    4. Are there any terms/wordings I should know about? What is the learning journey?
    All your advice would be so helpful since I am still very nervous and think I won't be able to cope with the papework and how to do it 'properly'.

Thank YOU!!

2. Hi All,
    I am teaching 2.5 yr to 3.5 yr olds and it's the first time following the EYFS for me. I have been teaching for 4 years but under a different curriculum in USA (also EYs). I am a bit nervous about the EYFS since I have read about it and it seems so complicated to follow! And with lots of paperwork, learning profile, journals, etc. Can you PLEASE help where I can start off with?
    1. What do you recommend I should start first?
    2. Will it be difficult for me to pick it up as a first timer?
    3. Do you recommend I should do a short course on different aspects of the EYFS? I am trained in EYs but not in UK.
    4. Are there any terms/wordings I should know about? What is the learning journey?
    All your advice would be so helpful since I am still very nervous and think I won't be able to cope with the papework and how to do it 'properly'.

Thank YOU!!