1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

First time teaching dance.

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by N3il, Feb 19, 2005.

1. Hi I know everyone has been asking for the Harry Potter scheme, but I would be realy greatful if I could have a copy.
    Also if anyone has any other good resources for teaching dance at Secondary level could you please send me some.

Thanks

Rachel
    rachel_weeks100@hotmail.com
    (Trainee Teacher)

2. Hi,

I'm new to teaching dance, if there is any chance of getting harry potter and the superhero S of W's it would be amazing. We are a very small dept. and it would really help.

Thanks SO much.

juliet_phillips@yahoo.com

3. I find myself in the same position as many of you and would very much appreciate a copy of the Harry Potter scheme - well done and thanx to becky for offering it.

4. hi there , i know it might be above the age range , but id love some of your plans on harry potter and the other stuff for my year 6's
    jenkenny@ntlworld.com

5. Hi, i have to teach dance for the first time for 7 lessons starting next week so if anyone can send me the Harry Potter stuff i'd really appreciate it. And any other schemes of work anyone has.

Chelle_101@go.com

Thanks so much

6. Could I please jump on the bandwagon. Could anyone send me the Harry Potter scheme of work. It sounds ideal for my year 7 boys.

wilsonlee60@hotmail.com

7. It is also my first time teaching Primary Dance. I would be really grateful if you could please send me the Harry Potter sow. It sounds fantastic.

My email address is lij63@hotmail.co.uk
    Thanks.

8. could you please send me a copy of the harry potter scheme of work. My email is jimandhels@aol.com
    Thank you.

9. Hi,

I too an jumping on the bandwagon!!

I do a lot of dancing in my personal life and am due to start GTP in Jan for primary key stages. Could I please get any schemes of work, lesson plans and ideas for teaching dance, that anybody has. I don't think my styles of dancing are appropriate, Salsa and ballroom! rebeccajmatthews@hotmail.com
    Thanks in advance

Bec

10. Hi those units sound great would it be possible to have a copy too. I'm a student teacher and have to teach a dance unit of work in the next couple of weeks and I'm really struggling. Would be so grateful. email is 20006209@edgehill.ac.uk. Thank you

11. Hi,

I know you must be getting really bored of sending the Harry Potter scheme of work out but if you send me a copy i would really appriciate it.

mickeyhoult@hotmail.com

Thank you

12. Can I be really cheeky and ask you for a copy of the Harry Potter scheme, it would be great to have a look at and try and use with my class when on teaching placement

thank you so much

hales

LittleMissNaughty26185@hotmail.com

13. I would really appreciate it if you could send it to me as well as I am in the boat of teaching dance for the first time.

Andersonx5@ntlworld.com

Cheers in advance.

14. Hi all, i'm in a bit of a pickle time wise and am really desperate to receive the Harry Potter scheme of work. I have given my email, but have not received anything yet. If anyone has it or any other scheme of work - I think Men in Black was mentioned as well - I would be forever grateful. Thanx. Again my email is sabrina2@csloxinfo.com

15. dellgirl

dellgirl New commenter

Hi

I would be really grateful if you could forward me the harry potter, superheroes and HAKA schemes of work - we are just beginning to develop dance in school

my email is

dellyrich@hotmail.com

Thank you so much

16. the only time i do dance is on a saturday night (just about) and therefore am soooo in need of any help any body has.
    squeeky_jt@hotmail.com
    thank you

17. Dear stressed,

Hi there. Basically use your instincts. Think about their age and what they might have already done. Backtrtack to last years work if possible.

Here are a couple of suggestions which I have used for a year three class:

Get them to think about fast movements and slow ones. Then using music that is slow and fast get the chn to respond.
    Then play some music that is joyful and happy. Get the chn to think about a circus. What do you see there etc...The chn choose a type of act they would like to be. Create a sense of arriving into town, setting up the big top then they perform their acts in groups or pairs to the others, take the big top down and leave the town. Encourage them to be expressive.

Then ask chn how to make it better and try out their ideas.

Second: Some teachers create their own routines and teach it to the chn who then teach each other. I personally have not had chn trained enough to do this.

Third: Teach the chn basic steps like galloping, jumping, rolling, and encourage them to put them together, fast or slow depending on the style of music. Basically like a gym lesson. This has worked well and is less teacher led.

I hope that this has helped......Just remember be confident and they will believe that you can do this....

VB