1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

First time having to teach Psychology and Sociology at GCSE!

Discussion in 'Social sciences' started by MrsArmitage, May 4, 2012.

1. MrsArmitage

MrsArmitage Occasional commenter

Well, just as you start to teach sociology, I sadly stop as my school has decided for unknown reasons to pull the plug on it. The upshot is that I have a lot of resources that I will no longer need. If you are interested in Having any worksheets etc, send me a pm with your email address, and I can pass stuff on to you. I would rather it went to a good home than into the bin!

2. Hi there are two excellent online resources full of useful info - psychexchange has hundreds of things and holah.co.uk is brilliant for the OCR A level syllabus - not sure about GCSE but worth a look anyway. Best of luck :)

3. There is also a website called the Sociology Exchange which is really useful - lots of resources on their :)

I love GCSE Sociology - I hope you will too :)

4. Hi
    I introduced GCSE Psychology this year and use Edexcel - both the students and myself have loved it so I would recommend them! I toyed with WJEC because the spec covered more aspects BUT I thought for something so new to them all it might be a bit overloading - I love Edexcel as it has really interesting topics, covers a range of psych careers and is just set out nicely!
    In a similar situation as you re Sociology - I've gone with WJEC (because AQA was too overlapping with the AS level they already do and didn't want to just regurgitate if any of them continue it!) - the spec seems good and variety of choice and different topics to AS level which is why I liked it, however there is a lack of resources available compared to AQA.
    Saying that - I'm in the process of starting the ball rolling from scratch so would be happy to share thm with you as I get them done if you decided to plump for WJEC, same for my Edexcel Psych stuff.
    As others have mentioned, psychexchange and sociologyexchange are brilliant websites for resources! For WJEC Sociology there is an NGFL (I think) website too.
    MrsArmitage I hope you don't mind if I pm you too if you'd be willing to share any resources for sociology? As I'm starting from scratch with WJEC I would VERY much appreciate things I could use?!
    Hope this helps x