1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

First TA interview

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by Lottie03, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Hi - I have my first TA (level one) job interview this Wednesday.
    The first part is a twenty minute lesson to a Reception class - for this I will read 'What The Ladybird Heard' and do a bit on the sounds in the book.
    The second part, if successful from the first, is an interview.
    Does anyone have any tips for either of these parts/or just general TA interview tips?
    I really appreciate any help!
    Thanks! Xxx

2. Hi - I have my first TA (level one) job interview this Wednesday.
    The first part is a twenty minute lesson to a Reception class - for this I will read 'What The Ladybird Heard' and do a bit on the sounds in the book.
    The second part, if successful from the first, is an interview.
    Does anyone have any tips for either of these parts/or just general TA interview tips?
    I really appreciate any help!
    Thanks! Xxx

3. chocolateworshipper

chocolateworshipper Occasional commenter

Hi. I am KS2, but some of my experience may help. I was asked about my skills in maths and literacy, and in using IT. I was asked what my strengths and weaknesses are. I was asked what I would do if I was on playground duty and I saw physical fighting. I was asked what I thought the role was, and what I could bring to the role. When you are reading to the class, I am sure they will be looking for behaviour management (you won't know the school policy at this point, so I would assume they are looking for you to set your expectations, and then ask any disruptive children to be quiet / sit still). If any disruptive child continues after being asked once, I would probably get them to come and sit next to you. I hope you get lots of good advice on here, and good luck!

4. Thank you @chocolateworshipper for the interview pointers, will have a think about my answers for those.
    Also thank you for the behaviour management idea, I will certainly look out for ways of using that.