1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

First Steps in Mathematics - resource

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by Jonny1234, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Dear primary school mathematics teachers

Have you used 'First Steps in Mathematics' resource from Western Australia? My school has been using their language resource for a few years now and I have recently become a 'FSiMaths facilitator' for my school. The procedure is: a member of staff gets trained as a facilitator, then this facilitator teachers the other staff members. The resource comprises of diagnostic tests and teacher books with maps of development (continuums) and suggested focused key understandings and learning engagements.

Interested to hear success stories. It's a great resource to help plot, diagnose and map children's number skills/knowledge development. http://www.stepspd.com/us/index.htm

I'm in the middle of the 18 hour course course with my staff.

Jonny
    Primary school teacher
    London, UK

2. Dear primary school mathematics teachers

Have you used 'First Steps in Mathematics' resource from Western Australia? My school has been using their language resource for a few years now and I have recently become a 'FSiMaths facilitator' for my school. The procedure is: a member of staff gets trained as a facilitator, then this facilitator teachers the other staff members. The resource comprises of diagnostic tests and teacher books with maps of development (continuums) and suggested focused key understandings and learning engagements.

Interested to hear success stories. It's a great resource to help plot, diagnose and map children's number skills/knowledge development. http://www.stepspd.com/us/index.htm

I'm in the middle of the 18 hour course course with my staff.

Jonny
    Primary school teacher
    London, UK