1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

First SCITT interview

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by lreed159, Nov 2, 2018.

1. lreed159

lreed159 New commenter

Hi everyone, I have recently been invited to two different SCITT interviews with the first being this coming Friday. I am very nervous! Both interviews have different process and I just wanted some help clarifying a few things.

Firstly I have been asked to do a 5 minute presentation on an educational topic demonstrating its relevance to me as a trainee teacher. I have picked promoting health and well-being. Is that a good topic?

Secondly I have to do a 10 minute presentation on the first topic (series of lessons) I would teach for my class and the key learning experience of the child. Any idea on what to include for this? Currently I have chosen a topic and linked to different areas of the curriculum briefly stating what lessons I would teach.

Any help and advice would be gratefully appreciated ☺️

2. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

The choice of topic is yours- really the interviewers will be focusing upon your presentation skills and your potential for teaching. Make sure your topic reflects your preferred age range and use the National Curriculum for guidance. Above all keep the question "what would they learn from this activity " in the forefront of your planning. Good luck

lreed159 likes this.