1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

First observation as an NQT

Discussion in 'Primary' started by missh27, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Thank you for the suggestions

I have only just started with my class, I came in on maternity cover after the half term in feb. So this next week will be my 5th week with the class.
    I was meant to be observed last week but the only opportunity my mentor and the headteacher had was Friday afternoon, to which my mentor said wasn't fair on me, so they changed it to Monday morning

and yes marlin my 4th week went well, although my TA has gone off on sick for another week :(

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Oh no! Just remember then to ask for some help. You must be getting more confident with them now, so let's hope it's not as bad as before!
    Did you enjoy your hen night and dog racing last weekend?
    This message is written very late because I've been to see the English National Ballet tonight - Swan Lake - fantastic! Only problem was getting home with all the demonstrators and the fact that someone had been hit by a train on our route. A very expensive taxi got us out of the trouble spots though.
    Hope all goes well on Monday.
    Take care
    Mx

3. Hopefully I will be getting some support this week.
    Went on an spontanious night out last night with the fella (he was meant to be on a boys night but got cancelled)

hen night was good, wedding on friday :) getting the day off school :) :) 4 day week

4. marlin

Enjoy! [​IMG]

5. Observatin went well
    one boy played up but they said i dealt with his behaviour.
    they gave me a satisfactory with elements of good
    pleased for a first observation.

Miss H

6. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Excellent! Well done you.
    Make sure you praise the good ones to the hilt tomorrow. Lay it on thick about how pleased the observers were with the behaviour and learning and very much it has improved. Lie if you need to.

Hope the rest of the week goes well.

7. marlin

That's really great to get that feedback at such an early stage - well done! [​IMG]
    You must be feeling more confident now that you can really work with this class and turn them round. As minnieminx said, it is very important to reward good behaviour with lots of praise - the children will really want to work hard for you if you recognise when they have made an effort.
    Enjoy the rest of the week [​IMG]
    Mx