1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

First night away with baby- tips please!

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by kittenmittens, Feb 18, 2011.

1. kittenmittens

kittenmittens New commenter

Tomorrow we're going to stay with the in-laws, for 24 hrs. Baby is nearly 10 weeks and sleeps well at night. I'm taking cartons for feeds so we don't have to make them up, lots of spare clothes, nappies etc, and our steam steriliser- will get a microwave one for next time! She will sleep in the pram carrycot in the spare room with us. Just wondering if anyone has any tips to share about how to make it easier!

2. kittenmittens

kittenmittens New commenter

Tomorrow we're going to stay with the in-laws, for 24 hrs. Baby is nearly 10 weeks and sleeps well at night. I'm taking cartons for feeds so we don't have to make them up, lots of spare clothes, nappies etc, and our steam steriliser- will get a microwave one for next time! She will sleep in the pram carrycot in the spare room with us. Just wondering if anyone has any tips to share about how to make it easier!

3. Don't forget to pack stuff for you. The first time my friend went to stay with the in-laws and new baby she forgot her knickers! Not something you want to borrow off your mother in law! (actually, probably not off anyone...)
    I reckon my top tip would be relax and enjoy the extra pair of hands. Say yes to every cup of tea, biscuit, slice of cake, offer to burp screamy baby...

4. Sorry it's a bit late, but you can get reuseable steriliser bags (Lindam I think) for next time.
    Enjoy!