1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

FIRST LESSON OBSERVATION!!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by laurenfairhurst96, May 21, 2017.

1. laurenfairhurst96

laurenfairhurst96 New commenter

Hi!

I'm really hoping someone can help me! I have a lesson observation for a job I REALLY want on Tuesday. It is in a Y5 class for 30 minutes, and the focus is on History. Their current topic at the school is the seaside, and so I wanted to focus on the history of Blackpool maybe how it has changed, does anyone have any great lesson ideas for this? I would be really greatful

2. Camokidmommy

Camokidmommy Established commenter

Sketch out any ideas you have and we can help you flesh it out.

Good luck!

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  3. Pomza

Pomza Star commenter

Industrial revolution, advent of the locomotive, rise of the British seaside resort...?

History and maybe some 'British values' chucked in for free...

Kids in groups come up with ideas about life might have changed for people during this era...?

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  4. laurenfairhurst96

laurenfairhurst96 New commenter

I originally wanted them to discuss key similiarities and differences on how blackpool has changed, before using this information to research and debate whether the change was positive or negative! however, I do not think I will fit all this in 30 minutes, and I'm not sure of an instant hook I can use with the children to instantly engage them

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  5. Pomza

Pomza Star commenter

Chuck a load of sand on the tables - That'll get their attention!

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Pictures of the Illuminations might provide this?
    Then postcards of Blackpool through the decades for them to discuss changes? Each table could have a different decade and then you could compare and contrast them in your extended plenary?

Pomz likes this.