1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

First Job - NQT

Discussion in 'Primary' started by col0101, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Hi

Just looking for help to create a shopping list for my NQT year. What would you recommend to buy apart from the basics?

How do you organise your files?

Thanks for any advice.

Col0101

2. Hi

Just looking for help to create a shopping list for my NQT year. What would you recommend to buy apart from the basics?

How do you organise your files?

Thanks for any advice.

Col0101

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

A set of pretty coloured board pens, schools often only give you black.

A set of pretty coloured marker pens, for making goodbye cards for your trainees!

Lots of pretty coloured writing pens to lend to very, very good children as a very, very special treat to do some very, very special work.

Pretty and unusual coloured highlighter pens for APP grids and the like. Makes a monotonous job more enjoyable.

The books called 'How to be an outstanding Primary school Teacher' and 'Pimp Your Lesson' for lots of good ideas.

Any books from the You can...' series at the appropriate age range. (I have You can have a creative classroom', 'you can have a calm classroom' and 'you can teach your class to write', the last one might be a slightly different title)

I would say how I organise my files, but a large box on the floor under my desk is the general method...though I'd love to be better organised!

4. 'How do you organise your files?' made me chuckle. ALSO a crate under my desk! [​IMG]
    Find out what your classroom comes with first of all. My room was an ICT room before I had it so I didn't inherit anything but you might, in which case there's no sense spending your own money. Also, ask one of your new colleagues if you can have a little nose at what they have. This is the best way to realise what you want!
    Good luck! x