1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

First interview panic!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by freckle9, Mar 26, 2019.

1. freckle9

freckle9 New commenter

I've got my first interview for an NQT position tomorrow and am having a bit of a panic about the lesson observation! I can do it on any topic for yr4. My ideas keep changing and I'm not sure what to go for - I want it to wow them and for the children to show progress. I also don't want it to be something that everyone does! I keep flipping between maths and english - maths problem solving; kennings poems; maths code breaking; descriptive writing.....

ANY advice or words of wisdom would be very much appreciated!

Thanks

2. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

Your best bet is to choose a lesson which you have taught on placement. That way, you've had a chance to see what worked, what didn't, notice any misconceptions the children had, etc. A not-particularly-exciting lesson taught well is going to be much more impressive than a wow lesson which doesn't go the way you expected. You'll also be more confident teaching something you've taught before, which will also look good to the interviewer. Good luck for your interview tomorrow!

Monha likes this.
  3. helloteaching2019

helloteaching2019 New commenter

How did you get on? Hope it went well :)