1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

First Interview Observation Lesson. Help needed for Investigation ideas for Maths!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by daniellereade, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Trainee teacher here - i have got an interview for an NQT position. I need to teach a 30 minute lesson for a mixed ability year 3 class. I have been told that the lesson is Mathematics - Investigation. Any help or support would be appreciated? (this is my first interview observation of a lesson)

2. pcsmush

pcsmush Occasional commenter

Congratulations on getting an interview! :)

I really like this task. It will allow you to show your creativity.
    This is the hardest part, coming up with the initial ideas.

I recommend looking at Nrich
    http://nrich.maths.org/public/leg.php?code=-333

They have some fantastic activity and investigation ideas there. :)
    Good luck. :)

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  3. Pomza

Pomza Star commenter

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I agree this is a really good activity for you to showcase your skills and creativity.

It will also allo the observers to observe closely your interaction with pupils and how you differentiate when circulating the room. So ensure you have a very clear lesson objective, prefarably one briefly assessed at the start of the lesson. Then ensure pupils are moving on in their learning by skilfull questioning to bring out their progress.
    Good luck.