1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

first interview in 2 years need help with the lesson

Discussion in 'Primary' started by tasneem1702, May 19, 2012.

1. Hi I have my first interview next week. I am excited but very nervous i have a lesson observation with a year 6 class. i have to teach for 30 minutes on paragraphs what can i do and how can i make this lesson interesting and hands on. Please help !!!!

thank you

2. Hi I have my first interview next week. I am excited but very nervous i have a lesson observation with a year 6 class. i have to teach for 30 minutes on paragraphs what can i do and how can i make this lesson interesting and hands on. Please help !!!!

thank you

3. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

Please be cautious about using these forums to get ideas for interviews. If you visit the Jobseekers forum you will see cases where headteachers have had 4 candidates all teach the same lesson, taken from these forums, that the headteacher has recognised. You have the skills to think of a really fabulous lesson yourself, just have confidence!

4. I understand what you are saying. i wish i was confident lol
    i just wanted some ideas or something to work off

5. mk84

mk84 New commenter

Hi,
    Ignore the other poster I always use ideas from here, and they often lead to other original ideas that are suitable for you and the class you are intending to teach. Have a look at the TES resources i'm sure you will find something and make it your own.Try to do something practical with a short input in group/pairs and DO differentiate.
    Good Luck