1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

First I.E.P. Reviews

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by teachersmate, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Help, As a new SENco, I have just set up and lead 32 IEP review meetings with class teachers and teaching assistants. These are done every term with new targets being added as needed.
    We have reviewed the IEP and added new targets, which will be shared with parents at parents evening next week.
    Problem is. following in last SENco's footsteps, I now have to type up all 32 reviews. These contain a brief description of childs personality, behaviour, learning style, performance in literacy and numeracy etc.
    Is this really necessary, if not, what method do others use to record that they have reiviewed the IEP? There must be an easier way!

2. dzil

dzil Occasional commenter

Just sent you a PM. Basically, keep the brief descriptions brief and safely on your schools system, then you just need to amend them when they change rather than re type.

3. Can you please share with me - I am also a new SENco Thanks

4. dzil

dzil Occasional commenter

you have mail. For future ref, it's usually safer to send your e mail in a PM.
    Good Luck