1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

first formal observation-revision lesson

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by adamse1, Oct 15, 2011.

1. I had one of these. Don't worry too much.
    What I did was I had a range of activities relating to the different topics that were needing to be revised. I then got the pupils to target the revision to themselves, and choose the areas that they felt weaker on and the use these resources.lf you use any wordsearches, I would set them a limit that they can only do one. Also, I kept the pace up by giving them timelimits for each task, and when the time was up they needed to choose another. I checklist with red/yellow/green for how confident on each topic they are could also be good, and they could fill it in at start and end of lesson?

Hope this helps
    Mimi

2. scienceteacher11

scienceteacher11 New commenter

ok thanks, really annoyed the osbervation falls at this time! but i'm not able to re order things, having a revision lesson at this point is unavoidable, I suppose as long as the revision activities are still differentiated that is the main thing

3. As long as the children show progress it will be fine :) that's what really matters at the end of the day!

4. 100% agree. This should always be your number one objective. Revision lessons, however, also give great opportunities to show your skill at managing (amongst other things):
    - personalised learning
    -AFL
    -self and peer assessment
    - resource selection/creation