1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

First fluffy thread of NuTES: recommendations for a foundation?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by catmother, Sep 27, 2015.

1. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I think we've been really serious on Personal of late....So, ladies (and gentlemen) any recommendation for a not too thick but still good coverage foundation?

2. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

illamasqua skin base, MAC, Freedom (online only)

lanokia likes this.
  3. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Thanks. I might try the Freedom stuff.

4. emilystrange

i didn't expect too much for that price but it's very good.

anyone reading - i've discovered something called the 'makeup eraser cloth'. it's a microfibre cloth like a very long pile flannel. takes off makeup with just water - waterproof mascara, the lot. much much better for your skin and leaves it very clean. it's very soft so no scrubbing. one side is shorter pile and does some exfoliation. goes in the wash at 40 degrees. have had mine two weeks and it's scarily efficient - even got my full rocky horror stuff off in less than 2 mins. haven't had to use any makeup remover, facewash or cotton wool since.
    Got mine from ebay, but amazon do it and there is a site (not a great one but the product does exactly what it says).

5. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Right, well I used to be a Clinique gal, but Rimmel is just as good. The key, I found, is to use a primer and I can recommend Garnier Perfect Blur. Not cheap, but you only need a tiny bit. Avoid powder: it settles into any creases and can be very ageing.

6. emilystrange

or, if you want an oil controlling matte primer, L'Oreal do one for about £8 which is good.

7. copycat

copycat Senior commenter

I like the Boots No 7 ones (lots of different options) . After using their colour match service I found out I was using the wrong shade.

8. emilystrange

i've not tried that one yet - am happy with what i've got. maybe when i get a payrise ;)

9. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

I like Benefit primer and foundation, but will give the Freedom one a try when the Benefit runs out. I have the Freedom eyeshadows and lipsticks and they are very good value.

I like By Terry, but out of my price range now!

10. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

Artex?

lanokia likes this.
  11. emilystrange

monica!

there are a lot i want to try, but don't have the funds :( i was looking at an eyeshadow palette the other day - beautiful colours in matte neutrals with purple tones. didn't even ask the price. forget what brand now! one of the expensive ones. guerlian, maybe

lanokia likes this.
  12. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

The best one I've ever used (and still do) is the Rimmel one with the orange lid (sorry, don't know the proper name) Very light in texture, but really good coverage. I may stock up before they inevitably discontinue it, like they do with EVERY makeup product I love.

Lara mfl 05 and lanokia like this.
  13. Burndenpark

Burndenpark Star commenter

It depends what sort of ground you have and how big the building is that you want to put up. From what you said about it not being too thick I'd guess all you need is some hardcore/ rubble and a foot or two of concrete.
    You're probably best getting a builder in though.

Spiritwalkerness and lanokia like this.
  14. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I always liked the original foundation trilogy by Asimov, the later ones got bogged down in trying to connect robots to the foundation series and also some odd ideas about sex.

Wait, is that not what you meant? Oh...

15. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

you can get foundation degrees but you need A levels in the subject first...

Spiritwalkerness and lanokia like this.
  16. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Em
    Look at all the refugees from "Opinion" trying to spoil my fluffy thread!:p

Spiritwalkerness likes this.
  17. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

We have no where else to go catmother... take pity on us! We shall learn the ways of the fluff.

Flere-Imsaho and coffeekid like this.
  18. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

But doing it in a fwuffy non-threatening way

coffeekid likes this.
  19. catmother

catmother Star commenter

We've have you talking shoes,kittens and puppies in no time!

20. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Estee Lauder. Double Wear Camouflage.

That's what I use. Or something by MAC because they do a stupendous range of shades. If you can then you should find a branch of Space NK.