1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

FIRST EVER ENGLISH LESSON !

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Olivia_Mayers, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Hi,
    I am a trainee teacher, and I have to teach my first ever English lesson soon. Though I am very excited, i am also very very nervous and want to have a lesson plan that will not only be fun and creative for the children, but productive so I can impress my class teacher and my uni tutor.

They are a year 4/5 class, of mixed ability, and have just started the narrative unit. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas/ inspiration. I have a few, but they are not particularly impressive :/

Grateful for any help

:)

2. Hi,
    I am a trainee teacher, and I have to teach my first ever English lesson soon. Though I am very excited, i am also very very nervous and want to have a lesson plan that will not only be fun and creative for the children, but productive so I can impress my class teacher and my uni tutor.

They are a year 4/5 class, of mixed ability, and have just started the narrative unit. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas/ inspiration. I have a few, but they are not particularly impressive :/

Grateful for any help

:)

3. Have you done your MTP for the unit or are you using the class teacher's? This should tell you what needs teaching in what order, and possibly how it will be differentiated.
    If it is your first EVER literacy lesson, I imagine you are quite early on in your training, and should expect to be given a lot of help in planning the lessons you teach. Ask your class teacher for some help, give your ideas and see if they can help you mould them into a suitable lesson.
    Good luck :)

4. emmac1982

emmac1982 New commenter

Which narrative unit is it? Do you know the objectives you need to cover?