1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

First day.... shattered!!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by pigginkt, Sep 5, 2011.

1. I forgot how tiring it is...

I'm exhausted, sore throat and banging headache, any tips to get through the rest of the week?

Water, snacks (got sooo hungry during the day!)...extra strong headache tablets?

2. Ditto!! im exhausted!!! Banging headache and I felt like I could have gone to sleep by 4pm!!

3. beethan31

beethan31 New commenter

Oh no! That'll be me tomorrow! I was tired by 3pm today - with no kids in! [​IMG]

4. I feel like that and we had no kids in :(

5. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

I felt like that, but then we did have some tedious training to sit through, which always makes me sleepy. Tomorrow I think I'll be buzzing - first day in Year 6!

6. I can relate to the sore throat and banging headache! I sometimes wonder how I would cope with my own children if I had any after a day with the school kids- no voice and a headache does not make a good mum!! My throat is still a bit sore but lots of water and conserving it tomorrow- more gestures and try not to raise your voice if at all possible! One of our teachers drinks hot water meant to be very good for the voice, all the singers do it.