1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

First Christmas TV advertisement.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Dragonlady30, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

Last night I saw my first Christmas TV advertisement for the Paris Disney resort and their Christmas party.

5th September. Is this a record?

2. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Possibly. But then it does relate to a holiday where booking and payment are needed some months in advance. Summer holidays are usually advertised early in the new year.

Dragonlady30 likes this.
  3. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

4. Dragonlady30

Good grief, GDW, that school has some budget!!! :eek:

5. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I saw that one and thought it could be for Christmas but it isn't really Christmas themed.

6. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

I've always said that if I was made a dictator my first edict would be to ban all Christmas adverts, music or shop displays before 1st December each year.:D

7. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

I think I'd ban them until a lot later than that.

8. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

I'll vote for that!

9. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

But then as you all know, I am always a moderate!:D

10. Dragonlady30

I SO agree!! My birthday is at the beginning of December and I feel it's a bit overshadowed!! :D

11. Bedlam3

Bedlam3 Star commenter

I saw Xmas cards and wrapping paper in Tesco yesterday.

12. Dragonlady30

Having seen the ad a couple of times, I agree. If it's not their Christmas ad, what's it all about? (Alfie) o_O Sorry, couldn't resist! :oops:

13. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

You mean there are people disorganised enough not to have bought their cards and wrapping paper in the previous January sales. I just don’t know what the world is coming to these days, honestly! :rolleyes:

Bedlam3, InkyP and Dragonlady30 like this.
  14. lrw22

lrw22 Senior commenter

My local tescos had a full on Christmas aisle yesterday including those giant tubes of smarties etc and a variety of chocolate Santa and penguins. They've had all the giant tons of roses stacked up for a couple of weeks.

15. Bedlam3

Bedlam3 Star commenter

All that plastic!

16. Dragonlady30

My local Asda had the'tins' of Roses ect but I didn't spot anything else yet.

17. scienceteachasghost

scienceteachasghost Lead commenter

The big tubs of chocolates (Roses, Quality Street, Celebrations) appear even earlier stacked on pallets as you walk in. If I bought one now, it would not see the other side of the Autumn Equinox. How people have the self control to buy those in advance and not open them up until Aunt Mildred comes round on Boxing Day I don't know!

Dragonlady30 likes this.
  18. Dragonlady30

The department I worked in consisted of chocoholics and it was not unknown for us to demolish a tin a week once they came on sale. :oops: