1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

First choice has completely stopped running the course =( what to do

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by CrunchyMcFlurry, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Hi all, I was supposed to have an interview next month with my first choice but I've recieved a letter today saying because of TDA funding they have stopped running the course altogether. I'm devastated. It's going to be difficult to travel further away and I'm worried about my other choices. Because I had my heart set on my original choice I put Leeds as my second and York as my third when ideally now York is closer to home for me. Is there any way I can change this? Is there still even time for me to get into one of those uni's? Really down about it, just feel like it's such a setback =( I'm doing secondary English btw xx

2. Hi all, I was supposed to have an interview next month with my first choice but I've recieved a letter today saying because of TDA funding they have stopped running the course altogether. I'm devastated. It's going to be difficult to travel further away and I'm worried about my other choices. Because I had my heart set on my original choice I put Leeds as my second and York as my third when ideally now York is closer to home for me. Is there any way I can change this? Is there still even time for me to get into one of those uni's? Really down about it, just feel like it's such a setback =( I'm doing secondary English btw xx

3. Oh no thats awful for you. ring Gttr for help - this topic is very much in the news (i mean how gttr allocations work, cos the process is unfair they are planning on revamping it and its under consulatation at the mo.) so Im sure theyll be extra helpful - especially as your first course has completely stopped running. hmm if you log into gttr can you change your prefences anyway? i thought i saw somthing about that, but as i only had one choice anyway i cant check with my system.
    Best wishes and luck.