1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

First Aid resource pack - What do you want in it??

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by xJoPhillipsx, Sep 24, 2018.

?

What would you like in the First Aid activity pack

Poll closed Oct 4, 2018.
  1. Explanation of the various forms of basic First Aid

100.0%
  2. Colouring picture of an ambulance

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Colouring picture of a teddy to cut out that has a bandage and plaster

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Writing page with the words Police, Ambulance, Fire and 999/911

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. A maze that will get the patient to the hospital

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. The First Aid steps to take in a drawn sequence

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Something else (please mention in thread)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. ALL

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. xJoPhillipsx

xJoPhillipsx New commenter

Question... Would you be interested if I were to create a First Aid activity pack? :) What would you like in a First Aid activity pack?

As an author at TES.com I am always looking for ways to provide good solid content to teachers and parents that is super easy to download and use. If you are thinking about Christmas activities yet then visit www.tes.com/teaching-resources/shop/xJoPhillipsx for some fantastic unique resources.;)

2. neddyfonk

neddyfonk Established commenter

Why not just get someone from St Johns Ambulance to demonstrate what is in the first aid box and explain that there are first aiders in school that will help you if you get hurt.. Colouring ambulances and solving a maze to the hospital will fill time if that is the objective but a good dialogue with the pupils about what to do... if will serve them much better.

3. xJoPhillipsx

xJoPhillipsx New commenter

Fabulous! Thank you for your feedback! :)

4. neddyfonk

neddyfonk Established commenter

In yr 6 at my junior school our teacher demonstrated mouth-to-mouth resuscitation and basic CPR on a ressussy-Anny ( life sized doll).

5. blazer

blazer Star commenter

When we used to do Applied Science at KS4 with our low ability groups there was a first aid module. As a school first aider I was able to get the kids on the resusiannie doll, they applied slings and bandages to each other and placed each other in the recovery position. We even got the evac chair off the wall and took each other down the stairs finally with a 6 stone girl taking me, a 17 stone teacher down to the ground floor. Great fun and very useful. Sadly the course got dropped as the results didn't count towards the league tables.

6. I will most definitely have some painkillers, aspirin, something for fewer and Elastic bandage for an injury that might occur one day. I try to be very careful with it, you may even say that I'm afraid of getting sick, that's true.

7. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I don't think the op was asking what you wanted in a first aid kit rather what should be covered in a first aid course for kids.