1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

First AF after birth

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by lilypot, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Hi guys
    Just wondering how long your first AF was after giving birth. The dreaded AF has turned up for me (LO 11 weeks) and I'm on Day 5. They last 5 days before but there is no sign of this one tailing off. I am expecting it to last longer and heavier but jsut wondered by how much.

Thanks
    Lily

2. Mine came after 4 weeks! Just a week after I'd stopped bleeding, GRRR! I had some small clots to start. It lasted about 10days in all, a few days longer than normal. Didn;t have too much pain, but just felt really low and horrid.
    also abit TMI but got abit intimate the other day, not all the way tho, but have now had a bit of spotting. is it normal?
    Cherub

3. mangochutney

mangochutney New commenter

My little girl is 6 months and still no AF here, I am breastfeeding though so not expecting it to return anytime yet!

4. Lily, although I didn't get my first AF until LO was about 6 months old (I BF for 9 months), when they did arrive the first 2 were definitely heavier and lasted longer than usual. Now I've had 4, they have returned to how they were before I fell PG. The only difference being they are totally pain free! Happy days. HTH

5. Millie dog

Millie dog New commenter

agree with everyone else - mine didn't come back till about 7 months and first one at least was about 10 days long. They're back to normal now.
    x

6. Thanks for all your replies. AF has now finished - lasted 9 days but not too much heavier than before, thankfully!