1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Firs few weeks...

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by boltoncharlie, Feb 9, 2016.

1. boltoncharlie

boltoncharlie New commenter

Hi colleagues,

I am fairly new to the selling of resources and have only been doing it for two weeks. I am reading about a UK and a US market. Are my resources available in both? Any tips on if my resources are set at an appropriate price?
    Thank you in advance

2. MissHallEnglish

MissHallEnglish Occasional commenter Forum guide and community helper

Currently authors have to convert UK resources for a US market, however I think I remember reading an email from TES saying they were going to make the process easier or change it. Personally, I've had no sales in the US as yet.

In terms of pricing, have a look what similar authors are selling & what they're charging. If you're looking to make a lucrative business out if it your pricing will need to be more savvy; if you would like reward for producing quality resources, set the price at what you'd be happy to pay for something similar. Upload your first few and see how they sell, adjust future resources accordingly.
    Some authors are using social media to promote sales & some have invested in Facebook Ads and such like... It all depends what you want from selling your resources.
    Good luck :)