1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Fire Safety & Prevention talks at your school - a few questions

Discussion in 'Primary' started by salsera, Jul 17, 2019.

1. salsera

salsera New commenter

I used to be a teacher (25 years at the chalkface) and then I made a leap of faith and left, joining the Fire Service!
    Part of my responsibility is to go into schools and deliver the Service Fire Safety & Prevention programme - I'm doing a bit of research about Fire Service education provision across the country and wondered if you would be able to answer a few questions for me. I'm hoping this forum is the correct conduit and apologies if not - many thanks for your help:

Have you had a school visit from your local Fire Service?

Was this a Fire Safety/Prevention talk?

What was the subject area covered?

Is this a regular feature of the school's Curriculum?

Do you consider Fire Safety/Prevention an important topic to cover?

Would you be happy to deliver a Fire Safety/Prevention "lesson" if you had access to the right resources?

Any other comments:

Thank you for your time

2. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Yes
    Yes
    Smoke alarms and their importance; having a evacuation plan in the home; how to avoid fires
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes and we do....the visit from the fire service is a small part of the topic.

salsera likes this.
  3. bonxie

bonxie Senior commenter

Same answers as caterpillartobutterfly.

To make it easier for you to go through people's answers, it might be worth putting your questions on https://www.surveymonkey.com.

4. salsera

salsera New commenter

I did think of that but wasn’t sure if I could do it - thank you