1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Fire and Ice topic?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by giraffe77, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Has anyone ever taught this as a topic before? My friend is doing it in his school throughout the infant department next summer (yes, they are that organised and have a three-year rolling programme!), but I was wondering whether to use it as a topic in my class of R, Y1 and Y2 which I'll have next year.
    We are encouraged to teach Science each term (and mainly follow QCA topics, not the plans though) - what Science would you cover in this topic? And other areas?
    Dragons (fantasy stories in English) and different environments around the world (geography) are obvious coverage points, but my brain is now on shutdown, and I can't think of anything else!
    Please help! [​IMG]

2. Has anyone ever taught this as a topic before? My friend is doing it in his school throughout the infant department next summer (yes, they are that organised and have a three-year rolling programme!), but I was wondering whether to use it as a topic in my class of R, Y1 and Y2 which I'll have next year.
    We are encouraged to teach Science each term (and mainly follow QCA topics, not the plans though) - what Science would you cover in this topic? And other areas?
    Dragons (fantasy stories in English) and different environments around the world (geography) are obvious coverage points, but my brain is now on shutdown, and I can't think of anything else!
    Please help! [​IMG]

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

4. Thank you - some lovely ideas there!
    More are welcome....

5. Any more ideas for me...too much food over Christmas has made my brain incapable of thinking, and it's refusing to believe that it's back to school tomorrow.....