1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Finishing the A2 syllabus

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by laurapanda, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Hi all,

When are you hoping to finish your A2 syllabus by? My school has told me I have until the end of March and I really don't think it's possible. Apparently it's so we can do 6 weeks of revision with the students before their exams.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this idea is insane? Oh the joys of teaching overseas in a local school...

2. it depends on your syllabus. We do OCR and we will not quite be finished by easter but that's what we aim for. However because unit 4 is a pre-released case study we can tart that up as revsion after easter and cover the missing bits - if they are relevant to the case study. It will also depend on how long you spent doing unit 3. We start unit 4 in December even though unit 3 is sat injanuary exams because unit 4 is worth 60%, unit 3, 40 %.
    i don't think this is much help but most exams are pre relased exploit that!

3. Thanks for your reply.

We do Edexcel, and like your idea of using the case study as revision and covering any missing bits.

Will have to crack on and try and get it finished ASAP. The students have just got back from a 3 month school holiday, so they have forgotten everything they studied last term!

4. glynmanton

glynmanton New commenter

For OCR - We do change and finance in y12 after AS-

As we teach people 25% of strategy sylabus is covered as is objectives - so we race the sylabus and can have it completed in time for case study i.e. with TSA and decision trees we only touch on so they understand methods, meaning we can race through sylabus- we try to get a past paper completed as a mock before we give the real case study to students.

We then reteach the bits from case study - usually financial as we find two weeks has to be given over to the finacial problems.