1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Finishing NQT Year - going from MPS1 to MPS2??

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by sunnygally, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Hi Guys
    Just a quick question. I have been offered a job for 9 months to cover a maternity leave. Feel very fortunate considering the job market.
    In my previous post (another maternity cover) I was a NQT, but only completed two terms (It was from Nov 2010 to Aug 2011) so i still have 8 weeks to complete of NQT year.
    Salary wise, I will be on MPS1 as i'm still an NQT, but after i've complete the 8 weeks will I be automatically moved up to MPS2?
    I'm visiting the school tomorrow to sign the contract and fill CRB forms and would like to know before i go.
    Thanks
    Sunny

2. strawbs

strawbs Established commenter

if you completed 26 weeks LA employed (ie not agency) then you should automatically go up to M2 straight away - it is not dependent on your NQT status

3. Does that included holidays?
    I've just checked i completed 36 Weeks from Nov 2010 to July 2011. Was employed by an LEA.

4. Piranha

Piranha Star commenter

If you did 36 weeks, you are on M2. As has been pointed out, being an NQT is not relevant.

5. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

You should be M2, as stated earlier, for any LA paid work in this school year.
    You have two Induction terms 'banked' even though you worked a few more weeks than that. You don't carry over spare weeks so need another term's length to complete Induction.
    Induction terms can start at any point in one school term and finish at the same point in the next school term.