1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Finished PGCE, got a job, what happens about certification etc?

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by welshwizard, Jul 7, 2011.

1. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

You should get some communication from your ITT provider which confirms you have passed and they are recommending you to the GTCE for QTS- give the school a copy of this for your file. When GTCE confirm they send out the QTS certificate-so make sure you have given them the correct postal address. In most cases this is received over the summer.

2. Many thanks for your response guy's.

3. We had a guest speaker from the GTC in University on our last day. He did not confirm, but backed up a previous Union speaker that said it was likely that the GTC would be scrapping the fee and we (as NQT's), would not have to pay. Wait and see I suppose.

4. We were told the same at Uni last year - but guess what? We still had to pay in September and again in April. I was told if I was in a state school this would be reimbursed by the LA in your pay packet - this hasn't happened either!

5. Yes, but when I was told last month, we are closer to the GTC being scrapped than you were last year. Given that it would take at least 12 months for it to go through and I wouldn't have to pay until Sept this year anyway. As I said, it was backed up by a GTC speaker. Don't shoot the messenger!