1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Finished my MA!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Sillow, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

I just wanted to share. It's been so hard, at times I wished I'd never started it but finally it's done and I can relax and not have it hanging over me as this summer has been hard enough. Hurrah!

anotherauntsally likes this.
  2. grammarlady

grammarlady Occasional commenter

Congratulations, Sillow!! Good for you!!

3. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Oh well done!

I did my masters in about 1996. I enjoyed doing it although it was a slog. It never did me any good but I do like to mention it occasionally. Sadly, people usually look surprised. [​IMG]

4. Jolly_Roger1

Jolly_Roger1 Star commenter

Congratulations! I called it quits after my PGCE, as I knew better than to push my luck!

5. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Well done to all you MA folk! I am only the teensiest bit envious.

6. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Very well done. I admire anyone who sticks to extra studying as well as managing their job.

7. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

Congratulations Sillow! It must be a nice feeling now that it's over. I'm starting my MSc in 2 weeks and hopefully will be in your position in 2 years. :)

8. Crowbob

Crowbob Lead commenter

What will your MSc be in, Ork? And similarly, what was your MA in Sillow? Nothing more than idle curiosity.

9. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Oh, yes. What did you study? Good question.

10. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

11. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Sorry to be late with this- been over at the 'beta site' trying to figure things out!

That's quite an achievement, especially whilst holding down a job like teaching, which during term-time is pretty full-on!

[​IMG]

12. yusufcpi

yusufcpi New commenter

yeah good luck.

13. felltogroundinberkeleysquare

felltogroundinberkeleysquare Established commenter

Oh for goodness sake! I got my MSC from the LSE in '86: rigorous. Tis all distance learning these days, and anyway an MA is a Master of Arts. Not knocking your efforts, but I did mine too along with my career, that's quite normal. However, I didn't get time off in the Summer.

Not to say well done, but the expansion of these courses since the 80's is prolific, and it really depends where you got it from? Nearly all Head Teachers seem to have been given one in the last 15 years, since it makes them seem more erudite.

14. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

Well, don't you know how to pee on someone's parade?!

15. felltogroundinberkeleysquare

felltogroundinberkeleysquare Established commenter

16. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

Why not? You seem quite willling to parade your achievements and skills.

17. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

It's in Religious Education from UCL.

Yep, quite a lot of people do a Masters at the same time as working and well done to all, regardless of when it was or where it's from or what it's in. For me, it's more about telling people of my relief that I've finished it than asking people to say how great I am for doing it in the first place. If you know what I mean.

anotherauntsally likes this.