1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Finding work!!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by shellsb, Mar 11, 2016.

1. shellsb

shellsb New commenter

Hi all,
    I had taken a break from work because of family priorities. Now I am again trying to find some teaching work so that I could gain QTS as a long term career option. For a quick information I am an unqualified teacher with almost 3 years of teaching experience in the UK plus 3 years of teaching college students in India.
    I have tried to register myself with many agencies but all they offer is the refresher or teaching assistant courses with them .According to them I won't be eligible to get back to the teaching sector without such courses.
    Please could any one guide me about how to go for Job search and if these courses are worthy.
    Many thanks
    SB

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Hullo and welcome to our forum.

I will say that you do need to be careful about agencies and firms offering courses to get you QTS fast. It is not worth paying out large amounts of money for qhat may not turn out as you hoped.

You can gain QTS through the Assessment Only route, if you are working in a school. But, of course, you need to have that job first, and without QTS that can be hard. Do you already hold a teaching qualification in India? What subject do you teach? All these things will make a difference.

It's all rather difficult, I know. I think that your best chance would be to e-mail HERE and see what advice they can give you.

Best wishes