1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Finding p-time work that fits around an ever changing p-time PGCE timetable

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by sabskin, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Hi, I wonder if anyone can help.

I will be starting a part-time PGCE course at the IOE in Sept. Since the bursaries have been cut for primary courses, I will definitely need to work more than expected.

I have looked at the timetable for last year and have noticed that there aren't consistent days off. Does anyone have any experience of trying to find a part time job that that works around a timetable that changes on a weekly basis? Oh, and one that allows for the 2 long school placements?!!

I am currently working as a governess but I know most families are looking for more consistency.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! (sorry about the lack of para's - TES doesn't like mac!)

2. Hi, I wonder if anyone can help.

I will be starting a part-time PGCE course at the IOE in Sept. Since the bursaries have been cut for primary courses, I will definitely need to work more than expected.

I have looked at the timetable for last year and have noticed that there aren't consistent days off. Does anyone have any experience of trying to find a part time job that that works around a timetable that changes on a weekly basis? Oh, and one that allows for the 2 long school placements?!!

I am currently working as a governess but I know most families are looking for more consistency.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! (sorry about the lack of para's - TES doesn't like mac!)