1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Finding out new year group

Discussion in 'Primary' started by just_keep_swimming, May 25, 2012.

1. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

It always ends up being mid-June when we find out. Which included me this year, as I'm moving to a new school. I found out yesterday that I'm going to be in Year 2 - my first year teaching infants! I'm actually very excited.
    Everyone else at school found out today, although there had been some facts that got out last week which I think was "leaked" by a new teacher starting in September. Not the best way to start your professional relationship, by blabbing about something the existing teachers at the school have no knowledge of!

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Oooops! May not have realised though.

I'm in year 1. Happy to be with the partner teacher I'm with, nervous and excited about year 1, but pished off for a zillion other reasons.

3. clangercrazy

clangercrazy New commenter

We still don't know for definite, but have been told where we probably are.
    Think I'm staying in Y6, which is good, my first year with straight y6 (I did 2 terms of mixed y5/6) 7 years ago at start of NQT., I've really enjoyed it!
    Also, had to add, agree with all Milgod said......when Milgod typed 'rubbish', I was thinking 'rubbish'!
    I did supply first, taught every year group, some daily, some longer term, and every mixed year group combination you can think of. Then taught 5/6, then 4/5, then 4, now back to 6. And would not want anything below year 3. I would not kick up a fuss but would say it was not my preference. I would still do it, as I know I can, I taught supply at every year group, but I wouldn't want to stay if I ended up permanently (as in, put there and then expected to be there every year) in a year group I'd prefer not to have. If a head/SLT were insistant on constantly putting people where they don't want to be, then that would also perhaps end up a team I (and probably many others) wouldn't want to work for. If someone doesn't want to teach a particular key stage it's usually a sign they won't be as good there surely? So why put them there? Unless to try to push them out of the door......
    But (!!!!) I do think teachers should be a little flexible, and not just stick to one year group, 2 or 3 you'd prefer to work in makes perfect sense to me though.
    (this all vanished and I had to type it again, so there will be typos, typed in anger at lost words! lol!)

4. cally1980

cally1980 Established commenter

I am going to be in Year 2 again, im happy enough but I actually didnt mind where they put me really.

5. I'm starting a lovely new job at a lovely new school. I've been in Y3/4/5/6 this year, and am moving (with a big grin on my face) to Y2/3 [​IMG]

6. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

Most people agree with me in the end. [​IMG]
    I also hate it when my posts vanish after typing them. Has this been happening to anyone else recently? Is it an IE9 issue?

7. deeley

deeley New commenter

year 6 for me. gulp.