1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Finding out classes for 20/21

Discussion in 'Primary' started by maleprime, Jun 10, 2020.

1. maleprime

maleprime New commenter

That anticipated time of year when teachers may be itching to find out which year they will be in next year and where other teachers and LSAs will be allocated. I quite like predicting where I think people will be. Has anyone found out already or know when they will about if they are staying or moving year group and is this something you want? I'm hoping we will get told by end of the month. I would like to stay in the same year group and hopefully remain with my current LSA. I do wonder if some teacher's will move up with their class given the context and how this would be some continuity for children. If this happened for me it be nice because I have a small class but I'd rather stay in my current year based upon my experience and knowledge of it - the latter is most likely for me.

2. Owleyes00

Owleyes00 New commenter

Everyone knows at my school. They have done a big shake up, lots of people in different year groups and even key stages

3. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

We have been led to believe we are all staying where we are...but nothing official yet.
    On my long list of things some staff think it's a union rep's job to find out. (It isn't!)

4. sooooexcited

sooooexcited Established commenter

We always tell people as soon as possible after resignation dates have passed.

5. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Star commenter

No information at all so far.

6. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

This is a great idea. I have had a couple of opportunities to move up with my class and have always found it a positive experience. (Luckily it's been with nice classes both times!)

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  7. vickytoria

vickytoria New commenter

We found out really early; I think it was February. Lots of change this year. I do wonder if the changes would have happened if we had anticipated lockdown or if we’d have stayed where we were!

8. Camokidmommy

Camokidmommy Established commenter

We’ve got two classes. Never any change! Get the same little darlings or horrors for 4 years! At least we already know them! I quite like it. Do remember the ‘where will I be?’ feeling from other jobs.

9. louisea

louisea New commenter

Year 1 and 2 are moving with their current teachers. So I'm Y1 and found out I'm moving into Y2. Makes sense really.

maleprime and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  10. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Under current circumstances makes so much sense for teachers to move up with their classes. They're best placed to more quickly identify which children will need early intervention and catch up.

11. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Not sure about teachers all moving up with their classes... That would mean the year 6 teacher ends up in nursery or reception. A disaster in a great many schools.

I'm happily staying in nursery and have met most of my new children on line already.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.