1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Finding Nemo topic

Discussion in 'Primary' started by CB123, Feb 10, 2011.

1. CB123

CB123 New commenter

Hi
    Next half term we are looking at sealife as a topic so we have thought about theming the whole topic around 'Finding Nemo'. I have just watched it and come up with a few good links to different areas of learning. However, I was just wondering if anybody had themed some work around this before and has any good suggestions.

Sorry for being lazy and asking for suggestions but thought its worth an ask before I spend all my half term reinventing the wheel.

Thanks

2. lenny81

lenny81 New commenter

I was a marine biologist before I became a teacher so naturally, I love the idea of this topic! Which year group are you working in?

3. I did this theme with a year 6 class think it was linked to geography 'in the news' topic - so I picked global warming and the effect on coral reefs - called it Losing Nemo.
    Kids did lots of research plus we looked at pollution as well plus other wildlife on the reef.
    (Any excuse to watch one of my favourite films!!)

4. Ha ha funny that as so am I! x just seached 'sealife topic' to find ideas!

5. What about newspaper reports on Nemo being lost?
    For RE temptation where Nemo is disobident and swims off the reef.
    Loads of geography of where reefs are in the world and where rivers are and how this effects what lives in them which links to science.
    ICT- using windows movie maker to crete nemo stop frame annimations see link
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/learningzone/clips/simple-movie-making-with-stop-frame-animation/8266.html
    This could also link to art and DT for making your set for the movies.