1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Finding international jobs

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by sarah-jaynesmith, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Does anyone have any really good sites for searching for international jobs? Currently I am in Egypt and am looking for other jobs.

I've tried teachanywhere.com but not getting any joy. Is there any other sites worth looking at?

Cheers

2. Does anyone have any really good sites for searching for international jobs? Currently I am in Egypt and am looking for other jobs.

I've tried teachanywhere.com but not getting any joy. Is there any other sites worth looking at?

Cheers

3. These have quite a few international jobs listed. http://www.cois.org/
    The TES jobs section is normally very good too.

4. MisterMaker

MisterMaker Occasional commenter

Have you looked on TES? There's over 550 at the moment. Just a thought.
    Teachanymore is next to useless in my experience, better to do it youself.

5. wrldtrvlr123

wrldtrvlr123 Occasional commenter

Search Associates is very good with a great database of schools and jobs (but it costs $200.00 for 3 years). Are you in Cairo or Alex?
    JoyJobs is a bit mickeymouse but does show many of the same jobs and costs less.

6. SMT dude

SMT dude New commenter

7. MisterMaker

MisterMaker Occasional commenter

8. Training_2_Teach

Training_2_Teach New commenter

I've so far registered with TIC, TeachAnywhere and Axcis, if you know of any further good recruitment agencies for overseas schools then please either PM or post here

9. Thx, the axcis site looks better than the others. I know of no others, certainly no local/Middle East sites.

the search continues...

10. Try tieonline. They have a lot of jobs posted and the membership fee per year is pretty low.

11. Yes, I will...
    Does anyone have any connections into the AUE/ BUE. I'm writing my PHD so maybe this would be better?

12. Training_2_Teach

Training_2_Teach New commenter

How much will it cost to join TIE? don't like the idea of agencies charging applicants.

13. I have found that Teacher Recruitment International TRI is pretty good. There is a one off fee though.

Other than that I get emails from TeachAnywhere and I agree they tend to have the not so great schools around the world on their lists. I also get TES daily emails, but these are usually only British curriculum schools. I have signed up to various others like Academics Limited and Teach Away without much success so I would avoid. I thought about signing up to Search Associates and TIE Online (I think TIE is $US39 to join), but I didn't in the end. I have heard that TIE is more for US teachers, though I could be wrong on that.

I also use the IBO website. I look up schools running the PYP, then I go directly to their site and check for jobs. I then cross reference this with the international schools review (ISR) site, including the forum. I also read the forums on TES and ISR, looking for recommended schools, then I go to the school website and apply directly.

Hope this helps.

14. purpleapple

purpleapple New commenter

I browse through this http://www.ibo.org/school/jobs/ as I also hate the idea of paying a company to find me something that I have to be paid to do (surely the very definition of a job). Or am I just a cheapskate or someone without 200 odd quid to give away to a company that will be getting paid by the school as well?
    I had noticed that some of the schools advertising on the website go through the agencies, so is this a way of by-passing them?