1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Finding a syllabus

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by Elliechapman92, Sep 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Elliechapman92

Elliechapman92 New commenter

Hi I'm studying my PGCE for 16+ and I have a micro teach in November, I have been asked to find a syllabus online to use but I just do not know where to start! Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you

2. bonxie

bonxie Lead commenter

You might get more responses if you post this in the relevant subject page or the Further Education page. Also, I'd suggest changing your username to something more anonymous.

3. Elliechapman92

Elliechapman92 New commenter

Thank you, I'm new to this so I didn't really know where to post! I tried to change my username yesterday but I can't figure it out, do you know how to do it?

4. bonxie

bonxie Lead commenter

I've never tried changing my username but I suggest you email TES and ask them to do it for you.

5. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

if you go to the home page and use search or the welcome section that will help you to change your name although I am sureth ere are many Ellie Chapmans out there so I would not worry to much! With regard to syllabi it depends upon your subject area but the main exam board providers are all on line such as - AQA, City & Guilds etc. If you search for post 16 exam syllabus you will get the links.

6. saluki

saluki Lead commenter

Surely your micro teach should be in placement. If so, your mentor should have provided you with a scheme of work. The micro teach should fit into the scheme of work. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you need to be buying course appropriate textbooks. Lots of them. Maybe some of them will be recommended on your course website e.g. AQA City and Guilds, Pearson. These will be more important in the long run than all the PGCE textbooks which you may be buying. My PGCE textbooks are long forgotten (except one- Geoff Petty, the Holy Grail of PCET) but I am forever updating my course knowledge.